Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What are those things?

Yeah, I know all I have been talking about is school... but honestly, my time has gone to nothing else really in the last month, so I am going to talk about it again.

I am taking a game development course, which I figured could be fun and interesting, but I literally wasn't expecting the load of work required. I don't want to get into too much detail, but at times the course can be a literal pain, and it has required some late nights working in the computer lab... all for this junk that makes me vomit:


Yes, those are trees, rocks, bushes, etc. I know my models are extremely crude and my textures are hideous, but a great majority of the work (and grading) goes into coding and making sure my models are usable... not how pretty they are.

Right now I am able to scale objects within the coding (hence the different rocks), as well as rotate objects and get things to move continuously. Next class period we will be learning how to modify the camera so you can manually move it around the scene yourself (which allows you to view the scene in first person anywhere).

Now it's time to get off my nerd bench and do some linear algebra.

0 comments: