Monday, October 6, 2008

Watch out for pot holes!

I am in an art course entitled Digital Design, which I discussed briefly here.

Our current assignment is to create 9 signs using a sign template the professor gave us. Six of the signs we made had to come from a list he had for us, and three had to be made up.

Here are the six I made from the list:
Indian village:

UFO sighting area:

Divorce district:

Hobo crossing:

Earthquake zone (and my attempt at the San Francisco skyline):

Funeral crossing:

Here are the three I made up:
Watch out for potholes (just kinda randomly came up with this one):

Watch out for golf carts (an old facebook group inspired me to make this one. When walking from class to class as a freshman at ASU, guys driving golf carts drove through students like nothing. No one has literally been run over from what I recall):

No Apples (We use Mac Pros or whatever for the class, and they have caused nothing but grief for me. My professor loves em, so I am risking my grade for turning this one in):


Originally, I wanted to make a sign for "polygamy crossing" due to the amount of FLDS news around here, but was afraid it would be mistaken for pimp crossing or something.

4 comments:

Marco Brown said...

Ah, the ubiquitous pimp crossing signs. They're all over downtown Oklahoma City. You know, all them pimps is up in the OKC.

kyle said...

Favorites: UFO Sighting Area and Golf Carts. Very nice!

Denis said...

I've ran a person over in a golf cart before...;) (Lisa Marie)

Gretchen and Erick said...

I like the potholes sign -- that would be a great sign to have here in the D of C. I can't tell you how many times I thought I'd lost a piece of my car to one of those things.