Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If my blog were my child, CPS would be after me.

I really do feel bad for neglecting this blog. I am at such an interesting and critical point in time with my life right now, that I really should be recording the events of my crazy life more often.

Anyways... yay! The semester is over next week. Angelo State is way behind schedule, even when compared to the other universities around Texas. That's what happens when you get a 5-week winter break and a spring break I guess. I don't really mind though. I am weird and prefer lengthier short breaks over longer, dull breaks.

The courses were swell this semester and I learned a lot. In fact this was definitely one of my more favorite semesters while going to school. I didn't really have that one class that took up all my other time. The work load for each course was relatively balanced so I was able to keep up with what was going on in all my classes with relative ease. Hopefully my GPA will reflect that this semester :)

I will officially no longer be a "computer operator intern" for IBM at the Texas State Data Center on May 15. I am so happy I had this internship. It was seriously one of the best jobs anyone could have while going to school. I'll just say that I hardly ever did my school work at home.

The week after I leave TSDC, I'll be having surgery done to get rid of the single wisdom tooth in my mouth. Typically people have four wisdom teeth, but my family is weird. That week I'll also be packing to move to San Antonio for the summer again. I'll be interning at USAA for the second time around, and am really looking forward to the 3 months I'll be there. Interning there last summer was pretty overwhelming, but a great experience... most of the time I spent there was just figuring out all the purposes for my team and how we fit into USAA as a whole. I'm better prepared this year AND they notified me as to what my position would be back in March. Last year I didn't know what I would be doing until the second day of work.

After my adventure this summer in San Antonio, I'll be finishing up my final 5 hours here at Angelo State. I'll be taking technical writing, racquetball, and one single research credit hour. I still don't know for sure what I'll be doing for work. I am thinking about substitute teaching for SAISD, but am still not so sure that would be a good idea. I doubt high school students would take a teacher seriously who graduated 4 years earlier (woah. Already?)... but I bet I can rule with an iron fist if I need to (ask Katrina). If I don't end up doing that, one of the CS professors said I could probably talk to the department and they will find something for me.

1 comments:

t.turney said...

welcome back to your blog!

when are you leaving for the summer??? we need to get a bike ride in or something before you go.

HOORAY for the SUMMER!