Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Intro

There is this CRAZY trend going on with several of my family members. Many of them have these open journals that they tend to update regularly for the world to see... also known as "blogs." So, to keep up with them all, and to let my extended family know that my life is more interesting then the few sentences I write down for the family letter, I decided to hop on the blog train, and I am sure I'll be on for a while.

The blog scene is actually not new to me. In fact, I currently do maintain another one, but I decided to make one geared towards my family and friends. Hopefully, I will update everything on a weekly basis, so everyone can keep track of my "busy and complicated" life.

So yeah... this is Evan's blog. I am one out of ten kids (hence the name of the site), and I am number 8 out of the ten. There are seven boys and three girls. Half of my siblings are married, and the number of neices and nephews running around is growing at an exponential rate. I am still living in San Angelo, TX and attending Angelo State. There, I am a senior working on my computer science degree (only 3 more semesters including this one left :) ). I honestly don't hold much interest in my degree, and it stresses me out more than anything, but hopefully it will be worth the effort in the end... and hopefully some kind of interest will pick up before then. Yeah... I know I should have picked a major that held my interest, but that's a long story in itself.

I have had six different jobs within the last year and a half. In May, I left my most famous job at Chick-fil-a for an internship I did with USAA during the summer in San Antonio. During the Summer of 2006 and 2007, I worked for this terrible company based out of Provo, UT called Atlas. I installed satellite dishes with them in Austin, and by that second summer, the ethics of the company became extremely shady, and I quit mid summer. Luckily I quit as early as I did, because Atlas has since been bankrupt, and they still owe me $800... and to think I could have lost more... In the Fall 2007 semester, I worked as a lab assistant in the computer labs at ASU, but got frustrated with my work schedule cutting in with my class schedule... so that only lasted a semester. I also worked as a tutor for the computer science department for two semesters. Recently I have just started another intern program with IBM working at the Texas State Data Center. I should be doing that for at least a semester or two, followed by interning somewhere else next summer (USAA again if no options arise this Fall).

In my church, I am a membership clerk. I request and get rid of people who move in and out of our little student branch (branches and wards in our church refer to groups of people who meet regularly for activities and Sunday services). I have been doing that for well over a year now, and it's not too bad of a calling once I figured out the typical procedures required.

Anyways, that's it for now. Be sure to stay tuned :)

2 comments:

Marco Brown said...

Whoo hoo! Nice post...:)

Scott Clayson said...

Yep nice blog dude. Although I was trying to figure out what One Out Often was about... ;-)